|Original plastic trigger on left, new metal trigger on right.|
Here is a project I did back in June 2008. One of my favorite airguns is the Hammerli 850 AirMagnum. It is a .22 caliber CO2 powered bolt action air rifle. It holds 8 pellets in a rotary clip, has good power, and it relatively accurate. Best of all, it is powered by an Airsource cylinder and can get around 200 shots per cylinder.
|Hammerli 850 AirMagnum|
While plastic stocks do not bother me, plastic triggers do. I don't know why, it just makes the whole gun feel cheap. So I decided to make a metal replacement trigger. Not much to show for the build pictures. I just started with a piece of metal that was the right thickness, scribed the outline of the original trigger on it, and carefully ground, cut, milled, and filed, away the excess material down to the scribe marks. I finished it up by polishing it with some emery paper followed by the buffing wheel on my Dremel.
|front view (notice narrower profile of new trigger)|
I narrowed the trigger a bit to my liking. After sanding and polishing I blued the trigger with some Berchwood Casey Perma Blue. The new trigger works great and feels even better.